As Consultant in Energy Optimization at N-SIDE you will help the company being the Top reference in Advanced Analytics Solutions for Energy challenges and will be strongly involved in some of the key energy activities of N-SIDE:
- Demand Response Optimization: Helping large industrial sites developing optimal demand-side management strategies and optimizing their flexibilities on a daily-basis thanks to advanced forecasting and optimization tools.
- Energy Market Optimization: Participating to the design and development of innovative market structure and clearing algorithms for various electricity markets
- Distributed Energy Systems Optimization: Developing advanced analytics solutions for micro-grids optimization including renewable energy sources, storage and electrical vehicles.
On a daily basis, you will leverage your skills and expertise in different fields.
Translate advanced analytics approach in business-oriented words, understand client needs, identify main improvement levers, define requirements, collect information and data, make assumptions, calibrate the model, train the customer’s staff, measure the impact and present results to executives, help in the change management process … are all challenges that a consultant will face when working together with our customers.
- Mathematical modeling and optimization:
This is our core business and what differentiates us from others. All solutions at N-SIDE rely on a quantitative approach and require very specific skills in terms of analytics. Whether you work on the implementation of an existing product or on the development of a new solution from scratch, your background in advanced mathematics will be put to best use.
- Project Management:
Consultants at N-SIDE are responsible for projects, taking care of planning, budget and quality. On the customer side, our projects typically involve many stakeholders from many different responsibility levels: top management, production, process support, cost control, procurement, sales, supply chain … As the contribution of each is critical to the success of the project, one of the main project management challenges is to ensure the participation of all stakeholders in due time.
- 3-5 years of experience in Smart Grid/Power systems/Demand-Response/ Electricity markets. Experience in international projects is an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities. Affinities for mathematical modelling and optimization is a plus.
- Autonomy, proactivity and good project management skills.
- Collaborative approach with strong communication skills.
- Team spirit, creativity, sense of initiative and responsibility.
- Fluency in English. Good level in Dutch and/or German is a plus.
The position is based in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium. N-SIDE offers a competitive salary package, which includes a company car and full range of benefits.
You want to join our team and participate to our growth? We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter addressed to Jacques Parlongue via our contact form.