At N-SIDE, we turn the most complex challenges into opportunities. We are an international and dynamic team of passionate and innovative mathematicians, software engineers and business experts. Our integrated optimization solutions facilitate complex business decision-making processes using Data Analytics and Machine Learning.
Are you passionate about Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Advanced Analytics? Do you want to contribute to the Energy Transition? As a Data Science Consultant in our AI for Energy team, you will help the company being the Top reference in Advanced Analytics Solutions for Energy challenges and will be strongly involved in some of the key Energy projects of N-SIDE.
JOB TITLE: Consultant/Senior Consultant depending on level of experience
LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE: 1-5 years
DEPARTMENT: Energy & Industry Group
LOCATION: Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
- You will translate advanced analytics approach in business-oriented words, understanding client needs and identifying main improvement levers;
- You will design, develop and maintain Data Analytics and Machine Learning solutions related to Energy Domain. For instance, you will contribute to the development of our portfolio of forecasts products, including energy market price forecasts (day-ahead, intraday, imbalance, …) but also to other types of forecasts (renewables production, gas price, …);
- You will be involved in challenging advanced analytics and AI projects in the energy domain, including
- AI for TSOs/DSOs: Developing AI uses cases, from prototypes to operations tools, in all major activities of TSOs and DSOs, including market aspects, asset management, smart metering, system operation, …
- AI for Industrials:
- Be an active member in the development of electricity price forecasts to help industries valorizing their energy flexibility.
- Initiate AI uses cases for Industrial helping them leverage their data and move to the next level.
- You will be the trusted partner of leading energy companies in their analytical journey and provide them coaching, training and advise.
- Master in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or related topics;
- Relevant experience (1-5 years) in the design, valorization and use of Machine Learning algorithms and other Artificial Intelligence techniques;
- Programming knowledge in Python is required;
- Experience in Energy sector, in particular electricity markets and power systems operation, is an asset;
- Good communication skills and ability to explain clearly objectives and problems;
- Ability to proactively interact with external and internal stakeholders at all levels;
- Customer-minded and results-driven;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Team spirit, creativity, sense of initiative and responsibility;
- Fluent in English. Other languages are a plus.
An interesting and varied job in an innovative, dynamic and multicultural company. A challenging role in our quickly expanding Energy activities. N-SIDE offers a competitive salary package, which includes a company car and full range of fringe benefits that can be personalized annually through our Flex Plan. You will join an international and flexible work environment in which creativity, freedom and initiative are rewarded. Mentoring, career development opportunities and performance bonuses are all part of keeping our team happy.
Motivated to join our team and participate to our growth?
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter in English addressed to Paola Murgia (HR Business Partner). Please apply via our contact form.