At N-SIDE, we turn the most complex challenges into opportunities. We are an international and dynamic team of passionate and innovative mathematicians, software engineers and business experts. Our integrated optimization solutions facilitate complex business decision-making processes using Optimization, Data Analytics, Machine Learning and other Data Science approaches.
Are you passionate about Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Analytics? Do you want to contribute to the Energy Transition? As a Data Science Consultant in our AI for Energy team, you will help the company being the Top reference in Advanced Analytics Solutions for Energy challenges and will be strongly involved in some of the key Energy projects of N-SIDE.
JOB TITLE: Consultant/Senior Consultant
LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years
DEPARTMENT: Energy & Industry Group
LOCATION: Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
● You will translate advanced analytics approach in business-oriented words, understanding client needs and identifying main improvement levers;
● You will design, develop and maintain Data Analytics and Machine Learning solutions related to Energy Management;
● You will be involved in challenging projects in Energy Optimization in the following domains:
○ Demand Response Optimization: Helping large industrial sites developing optimal demand-side management strategies and optimizing their flexibilities on a daily-basis thanks to advanced forecasting and optimization tools.
○ Energy Market Optimization: Promoting and implementing innovative Analytics projects for a better management of electricity markets and grid operations. Participating to the design and development of innovative market structure and clearing algorithms for various electricity markets.
○ Distributed Energy Systems Optimization: Developing advanced analytics solutions for micro-grids optimization including renewable energy sources, storage and electrical vehicles.
● You will be the trusted partner of leading energy companies in their analytical journey and provide them coaching, training and advises.
● Master in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or related topics;
● Relevant experience (2-5 years) in the design, valorization and use of Machine Learning algorithms and other Artificial Intelligence techniques
● Programming knowledge in Python is required;
● Experience in Energy sector, in particular electricity markets and power systems operation, is an asset;
● Good communication skills and ability to explain clearly objectives and problems;
● Ability to proactively interact with external and internal stakeholders at all levels;
● Customer-minded and results-driven;
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
● Team spirit, creativity, sense of initiative and responsibility;
● Fluent in English. Working knowledge of German is a strong plus;
● Willingness to travel frequently for business trips abroad.
An interesting and varied job in an innovative, dynamic and multicultural company. A challenging role in our quickly expanding Energy activities. N-SIDE offers a competitive salary package, which includes a company car and full range of benefits which can be personalized annually within our Flex Income Plan. You will join an international and flexible work environment in which creativity, freedom and initiative are rewarded. Training, career development opportunities and performance bonuses are all part of keeping our team happy.
Motivated to join our team and participate to our growth? We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter in English. Please apply via our contact form.