At N-SIDE, we turn the most complex challenges into opportunities. We are an international and dynamic team of passionate and innovative mathematicians, software engineers and business experts. Our integrated optimization solutions facilitate complex business decision-making processes using Data Analytics, Machine Learning and other Data Science approaches.
We are looking for a Junior Data Science Consultant to join our AI for Energy team in our Headquarter based in Louvain-la-Neuve, Brussels area, Belgium. As a Junior Data Science Consultant in our AI for Energy team, you will help the company being the Top reference in Advanced Analytics Solutions for Energy challenges and will be strongly involved in some of the key Energy projects of N-SIDE.
What you’ll do
- You will translate advanced analytics approach in business-oriented words, understanding client needs and identifying main improvement levers;
- You will design, develop and maintain Data Analytics and Machine Learning solutions related to Energy Domain. For instance, you will contribute to the development of our portfolio of forecasts products, including energy market price forecasts (day-ahead, intraday, imbalance, …) but also to other types of forecasts (renewables production, gas price, …);
- You will be involved in challenging advanced analytics and AI projects in the energy domain, including
- AI for TSOs/DSOs: Developing AI uses cases, from prototypes to operations tools, in all major activities of TSOs and DSOs, including market aspects, asset management, smart metering, system operation, …
- AI for Industrials:
- Be an active member in the development of electricity price forecasts to help industries valorizing their energy flexibility.
- Initiate AI uses cases for Industrial helping them leverage their data and move to the next level.
- You will be the trusted partner of leading energy companies in their analytical journey and provide them coaching, training and advice.
- Master in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or related topics;
- 0+ year of experience
- Programming knowledge in Python is required;
- Relevant experience in the design, valorisation and use of Machine Learning algorithms and other Artificial Intelligence techniques would be an asset;
- Experience in Energy sector, in particular electricity markets and power systems operation, is an asset;
- Good communication skills and ability to explain clearly objectives and problems;
- Ability to proactively interact with external and internal stakeholders at all levels;
- Customer-minded and results-driven;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Team spirit, creativity, sense of initiative and responsibility.
- Fluent in English. Other languages are a plus;
Internal job level: Analyst/Consultant depending on experience
You will join an innovative, dynamic and multicultural company certified Great Place to work 2019, as well as, having an important and diverse role in our quickly expanding department.
N-SIDE offers a great compensation package, which includes a company car and full range of benefits which can be personalised thanks to our Flex Income Plan.
You will be part of a fun and flexible work environment in which creativity, freedom and initiative are rewarded. Mentoring, career development opportunities and performance bonuses are all part of keeping our team happy.
At N-SIDE we value diversity. All candidates will be treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. N-SIDE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Motivated to join our team and participate to our growth? We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter (with job title) in English. Please apply via our contact form.