At N-SIDE, we turn the most complex challenges into opportunities. We are an international and dynamic team of passionate and innovative mathematicians, software engineers and business experts. Our integrated software solutions facilitate complex business decision-making processes using Optimization, Data Analytics, Machine Learning and other Data Science approaches.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Innovation & Development team based in our Headquarter in Louvain-la-Neuve, Brussels area, Belgium.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop & test new capabilities and/or maintain existing framework for continuous integration (CI) based on development and engineering policies, processes and guidelines;
- Design, develop & test new capabilities and/or maintain existing framework for continuous deployment (CD) based on engineering and operations policies, processes and guidelines;
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines);
- Apply cloud computing (AWS, Azure, GCP) skills to provision, configure and maintain reliable and secure infrastructure and platform components;
- Optimize the company’s computing architecture;
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability;
- Troubleshoot production issues with the development team and coordinate to streamline code deployment;
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security;
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
As part of the platform reliability team, aside from participating in daily operations:
- You will write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at scale (aiming for 100% automation in DevOps processes), and write playbooks when automation is not the most pragmatic solution;
- You will develop and enable continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) for automation system components;
- You will enforce security best practices that are compliant with industry recommendations;
- You will roll up the sleeves to troubleshoot incidents with the team, formulate theories, test your hypothesis, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause;
- You will work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability is designed and implemented from scratch;
- You will work with QA on building pipelines and automation for delivering and deploying applications to production;
- You build tools for yourself and others to increase efficiency and to make hard or repetitive tasks easy and quick;
- You will continuously explore new technologies that will make automation and scale a reality.
- Fluency in English (both oral & written);
- Master degree in computer science with good track records;
- Experience in implementing, operating and maintaining Amazon Web Services (AWS), together with infrastructure automation and configuration tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform…);
- Experience in implementing, configuring and maintaining CI/CD automation tools (Jenkins, drone.io, GitLab CI, Kubernetes…);
- Technical skills: broad scope of software design, development, release, containerization, deployment and operations;
- Creative and pragmatic mind, team-spirit, communication skills.
Internal job level: developper/Software engineer
You will join an innovative, dynamic and multicultural company certified Great Place to work 2019, as well as, having an important and diverse role in our quickly expanding department.
N-SIDE offers a great compensation package, which includes a company car and full range of benefits which can be personalised thanks to our Flex Income Plan.
You will be part of a fun and flexible work environment in which creativity, freedom and initiative are rewarded. Mentoring, career development opportunities and performance bonuses are all part of keeping our team happy.
At N-SIDE we value diversity. All candidates will be treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. N-SIDE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Motivated to join our team and participate to our growth?
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter (with job title) in English. Please apply via our contact form.