At N-SIDE, we turn the most complex challenges into opportunities. We are an international and dynamic team of passionate and innovative mathematicians, software engineers and business experts. Our integrated optimization solutions facilitate complex business decision-making processes using Data Analytics, Machine Learning and other Data Science approaches.
We are looking for an Energy Analytics Consultant to join our Energy & Industry team based in Louvain-la-Neuve, Brussels Area, Belgium. As an Energy Analytics Consultant, you will help the company being the top reference in Advanced Analytics Solutions for Energy challenges and will be strongly involved in some of the key Energy projects of N-SIDE.
What you’ll do
- You will translate advanced analytics approaches such as optimization, machine learning, constraint programming and others in business-oriented words, understanding client needs and identifying main improvement levers;
- You will design, develop and maintain Advanced Analytics solutions related to Energy Management.
- You will be involved in challenging projects in Energy Optimization in the following domains:
- Demand Response Optimization: Helping large industrial sites developing optimal demand-side management strategies and optimizing their flexibilities on a daily-basis thanks to advanced forecasting and optimization tools.
- Energy Market Optimization: Promoting and implementing innovative Analytics projects for a better management of electricity markets and grid operations. Participating in the design and development of innovative market structure and clearing algorithms for various electricity markets.
- Distributed Energy Systems Optimization: Developing advanced analytics solutions for micro-grids optimization including renewable energy sources, storage and electrical vehicles.
- You will be the trusted partner of leading energy companies in their analytical journey and provide them with coaching, training and advice.
- Master in Engineering: Applied Mathematics;
- Relevant experience in the design, valorization and use of machine learning, artificial intelligence, optimization and/or constraint programming techniques
- Programming knowledge in Python is a plus;
- Experience in the Energy sector is a plus;
- Good communication skills and ability to explain clearly objectives and problems;
- Ability to proactively interact with external and internal stakeholders at all levels;
- You are customer-minded and results-driven;
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Team spirit, creativity, sense of initiative and responsibility;
- Fluent in English. Other languages are a plus.
Location: Louvain-la-Neuve, Brussels Area, Belgium
Internal job level: Analyst/Consultant
You will join an innovative, dynamic and multicultural company certified Great Place to work 2019, as well as, having an important and diverse role in our quickly expanding department.
N-SIDE offers a great compensation package, which includes a company car and full range of benefits which can be personalised thanks to our Flex Income Plan.
You will be part of a fun and flexible work environment in which creativity, freedom and initiative are rewarded. Mentoring, career development opportunities and performance bonuses are all part of keeping our team happy.
At N-SIDE we value diversity. All candidates will be treated equally without regard to race, color, relegion, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, disabiliy, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. N-SIDE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Motivated to join our team and participate to our growth? We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter (with job title) in English. Please apply via our contact form.