At N-SIDE, we turn the most complex challenges into opportunities. We are an international and dynamic team of passionate and innovative mathematicians, software engineers and business experts. Our integrated optimization solutions facilitate complex business decision-making processes using Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics Techniques.
We are looking for a Junior Energy Analytics Consultant to join our Energy Department based in our Headquarter in Louvain-la-Neuve, Brussels area, Belgium. As a Junior Energy Analytics Consultant, you will help the company be the top reference in Advanced Analytics Solutions for Energy challenges around energy markets and power systems and will be strongly involved in key Energy projects of N-SIDE.
What you’ll do
- You will be involved in challenging advanced analytics and AI projects for leading Energy Players in which you will be developing use cases, from prototypes to operations, in different domains such as asset management, system operations or electricity markets;
- You will perform proof of value assessment, to match the N-SIDE energy analytics products with N-SIDE energy customers needs. This will involve adapting the N-SIDE energy product to the specific needs of the customer, relying on strong advanced analytics skills (among which optimization, machine learning), and the ability to adapt the product code to perform the assessment;
- You will manage integration projects, whose goal is to deploy N-SIDE Energy products to the customer site;
- You will work, as an analytics translator, in close collaboration with our clients, which means that you need to translate the advanced analytics approach in business-oriented words, understanding client needs and identifying main improvement levers;
- You will be the trusted partner of leading energy companies in their analytical journey and provide them coaching, training and advice.
- Master in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Electrical/Power System Engineering, Physics or related topics;
- Young graduates are welcome;
- Experience (through internship, projects or master thesis) in the design, valorization and use of machine learning, artificial intelligence, optimization and/or constraint programming techniques;
- Programming knowledge in Python is required;
- Experience in the Energy sector throughout your studies (e.g. academic or internship), in particular electricity markets and power systems is an asset;
- Good communication skills and ability to explain clearly objectives and problems;
- You have an innovative mindset;
- Customer-minded and results-driven;
- You are curious, team player, proactive;
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills;
- Fluent in English. Other languages are a plus.
Internal job level: Analyst
Start Date: September-October 2021
You will join an innovative, dynamic and multicultural company certified Great Place to Work 20201 and B Corporation, as well as, having an important and diverse role in our quickly expanding department.
N-SIDE offers a great compensation package, which includes a company car and full range of benefits which can be personalised thanks to our Flex Income Plan.
You will be part of a fun and flexible work environment in which creativity, freedom and initiative are rewarded. Mentoring, career development opportunities and performance bonuses are all part of keeping our team happy.
At N-SIDE we value diversity. All candidates will be treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. N-SIDE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Motivated to join our team and participate to our growth?
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter (with job title) in English. Please apply via our contact form.