A N-SIDE, we turn the most complex challenges into opportunities. We are an international and dynamic team of passionate and innovative mathematicians, software engineers and business experts. Our integrated optimization solutions facilitate complex business decision-making processes using Data Analytics, Machine Learning and other Data Science approaches.
We are looking for a Junior Energy Analytics Consultant to join our Energy team based in our Headquarter in Louvain-la-Neuve, Brussels area, Belgium. As a Junior Energy Analytics Consultant, you will help the company be the top reference in Advanced Analytics Solutions for Energy challenges around energy markets and power systems and will be strongly involved in key Energy projects of N-SIDE.
What you’ll do
- Energy Analytics Project Management & Delivery : you will contribute, support and be in charge of customer projects. In particular:
- You will perform potential assessments, to match the N-SIDE energy analytics products with N-SIDE energy customers needs (e.g. TSOs, DSOs, market operators, market actors). This will involve adapting the N-SIDE energy product to the specific needs of the customer, relying on strong advanced analytics skills (among which optimization, machine learning), and the ability to adapt the product code to perform the assessment.
- You will manage integration projects, whose goal is to deploy N-SIDE Energy products to the customer site.
- Account management : also when N-SIDE solutions are used by our customers, you will play a key role into the customer relationship:
- You will provide consulting services (both operational and strategic) to customers, based on our products and energy analytics expertise.
- You will train our customers to use our energy products
- You will provide operational support related to our products (information requests, business and analytics part of our solutions)
- You will build a strong relationship with the customer, allowing in the medium term to identify cross-selling opportunities of N-SIDE energy products at a specific customer.
- Build/have a good knowledge of N-SIDE energy products (built around optimization and machine learning), from both a business (energy markets, power systems) and analytics (optimization, machine learning) perspective.
- Be able to understand client needs and feedback, identify main improvement levers and translate advanced analytics approach in business-oriented words, and communicate with the product development team.
- You have an Engineering background (mathematical, electrical, power systems, energy,…);
- You have experience (e.g. academic or internship) in advanced analytics tools such as AI, machine learning, optimization techniques, constraint programming;
- Experience in the Energy sector throughout your studies (e.g. academic or internship), in particular electricity markets and power systems is an asset;
- You have some programming knowledge in Python or Java, and willing to extend it to perform potential assessment analyses.
- You have good project management skills, strong proactivity, sense of initiative and responsibility;
- You have strong problem-solving skills and are results-driven;
- You are business and customer oriented with strong communication skills;
- You are a Team player;
- You are fluent in English. Other languages may be an asset.
Internal job level: Analyst
You will join an innovative, dynamic and multicultural company certified Great Place to work 2020 and B Corporation, as well as, having an important and diverse role in our quickly expanding department.
N-SIDE offers a great compensation package, which includes a company car and full range of benefits which can be personalised thanks to our Flex Income Plan.
You will be part of a fun and flexible work environment in which creativity, freedom and initiative are rewarded. Mentoring, career development opportunities and performance bonuses are all part of keeping our team happy.
At N-SIDE we value diversity. All candidates will be treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. N-SIDE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Motivated to join our team and participate to our growth? We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter (with job title) in English. Please apply via our contact form.