A N-SIDE, we turn the most complex challenges into opportunities. We are an international and dynamic team of passionate and innovative mathematicians, software engineers and business experts. Our integrated optimization solutions facilitate complex business decision-making processes using Data Analytics, Machine Learning and other Data Science approaches.
We are looking for an Energy Data Science Consultant to join our Energy Analytics Incubation team based in Louvain-la-Neuve, Brussels Area, Belgium. As a Data Science Consultant, you will develop innovative analytics prototypes, based on AI & ML, in close collaboration with our customers that are leading energy players. Furthermore you will drive the innovation in our already existing portfolio of energy solutions.
What you’ll do
- You will design, develop and maintain Data Analytics and Machine Learning solutions to our portfolio of Energy forecasts products, including energy market price, volume or risk forecasts, but also to other types of forecasts (renewables production, gas price, …)
- You will be involved in challenging advanced analytics and AI projects for TSOs/DSOs in which you will be developing use cases, from prototypes to operations, in different domains such as asset management, smart metering or system operations;
- You will work in close collaboration with our clients, which means that you need to translate the advanced analytics approach in business-oriented words, understanding client needs and identifying main improvement levers;
- You will organise the projects you work on in terms of scope, milestones, task & responsibilities in collaboration with the team and the client;
- You will be the trusted partner of leading energy companies in their analytical journey and provide them coaching, training and advice.
- Master in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or related topics;
- You have 1- 4 years experience;
- Programming knowledge in Python is required;
- You have experience in project management;
- Relevant experience in the design, valorization and use of Machine Learning algorithms and other Artificial Intelligence techniques is an asset;
- Knowledge in optimization techniques and constraint programming is an asset;
- Experience in Energy sector, in particular electricity markets and power systems operation, is an asset;
- Good communication skills and ability to explain clearly objectives and problems;
- Customer-minded and results-driven;
- You are curious, team player, proactive;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Fluent in English. Other languages are a plus;
Internal job level: Analyst, Consultant
You will join an innovative, dynamic and multicultural company certified Great Place to work 2020 and B Corporation, as well as, having an important and diverse role in our quickly expanding department.
N-SIDE offers a great compensation package, which includes a company car and full range of benefits which can be personalised thanks to our Flex Income Plan.
You will be part of a fun and flexible work environment in which creativity, freedom and initiative are rewarded. Mentoring, career development opportunities and performance bonuses are all part of keeping our team happy.
At N-SIDE we value diversity. All candidates will be treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. N-SIDE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Motivated to join our team and participate to our growth? We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter (with job title) in English. Please apply via our contact form.