This webinar will be built on real life practices in asset management to describe the main challenges faced by system operators and how advanced analytics, in particular Artificial Intelligence (AI), can be leveraged to overcome them.
Current trends, such as the further integration of renewable energies in the electricity network, the ageing of certain network components and cost pressure, lead to an increasing complexity to maintain and operate the grid. For example, outage planning is becoming more and more challenging in some countries to perform due to the high wind feed which leads to short-term rescheduling. The recent impact of the Covid-19 has even exacerbated this situation. Proven by Elia Group and N-SIDE, advanced analytics can be leveraged to bring outage planning to a next level in terms of agility, efficiency and integration.
N-SIDE and Elia Use Case
During this webinar, N-SIDE, a company empowering system operators with advanced analytics for complex decision-making, and Elia Group, a leading TSO Group at the heart of the European electricity system will not only share their experience in the co-creation of a novel outage planning optimisation tool, but also the main challenges they faced in the implementation and the value created every day for the system planners.
Beyond this concrete example of how AI can solve the complexity faced by system operators , a panel debate will further explore the value of advanced analytics in managing power infrastructures from different perspectives.
Subject covered | What will you learn?
- The latest advancement in Advanced Analytics for asset management, with concrete examples in Europe at Transmission and Distribution level
- A real-life example of advanced analytics use case applied by a European TSO in the context of Outage Planning
- How a leading DSO is leveraging AI in other areas of asset management to create an impact
Date | Time
Tue, Feb 23. 2021 | 11:00 – 12:00 CET
- Olivier Devolder, Energy Director, N-SIDE
- Bart de Jong, Head Of Network Operations, Elia
- Kurt Baes, Partner, Arthur D. Little
- Christian D’Adamo, Head of Network Operations and Maintenance, Enel Global Infrastructure and Networks
- Manoël Rekinger, Strategic Project Leader, N-SIDE
Luc Hossenlopp, Chairman of the T&D EUROPE WG Smart Grids & Microgrids