At N-SIDE, we turn the most complex challenges into opportunities. We are an international and dynamic team of passionate and innovative mathematicians, software engineers and business experts. Our integrated optimization solutions facilitate complex business decision-making processes using Data Analytics, Machine Learning and other Data Science approaches.
We are looking for a Junior Analytics Developer to join our Energy Product department based in Louvain-la-Neuve, Brussels Area, Belgium. As a Junior Analytics Developer, you will help the company be the top reference in Advanced Analytics Solutions for Energy challenges and will be strongly involved in developing some of the key Energy applications of N-SIDE.
What you’ll do
- You will design, develop and maintain Optimization, Machine Learning, and Constraint Programming software code base related to the Energy Domain. For instance, you will contribute to the continuous improvement of our market clearing solutions for energy market operators, or you will engage in the constant evolution of our portfolio of forecasts products for market actors and system operators;
- You will participate in the productization of our Energy applications, by ensuring high performance and making them scalable and robust, while always seeking and integrating client feedback;
- You will interact closely with the AI incubation team, the business experts and the product users to continuously refine our value proposition and ensure a good market fit.
- You have a master in Applied Mathematics (Optimization, Artificial Intelligence, Constraint Programming) and/or Software Development;
- You have programming knowledge in Python/Java, and experience in Scala or are ready to learn it;
- Experience in the development of business solutions is a plus;
- Experience in the Energy sector, in particular electricity markets and power systems operation, is an asset;
- You are familiar with object-oriented programming and/or functional programming;
- You have a strong knowledge and interest in the design, valorisation and use of diverse advanced analytics techniques;
- You are customer-minded, rigorous and results-driven;
- Your have a great team spirit, creativity, sense of initiative and responsibility;
- You are fluent in English, other languages are a plus.
Start date: September
Internal level: Developer
You will join an innovative, dynamic and multicultural company certified Great Place to Work 2021 and B Corporation, as well as, having an important and diverse role in our quickly expanding department.
N-SIDE offers a great compensation package, which includes a company car and full range of benefits which can be personalised thanks to our Flex Income Plan.
You will be part of a fun and flexible work environment in which creativity, freedom and initiative are rewarded. Mentoring, career development opportunities and performance bonuses are all part of keeping our team happy.
At N-SIDE we value diversity. All candidates will be treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. N-SIDE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Motivated to join our team and participate to our growth?
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter (with job title) in English. Please apply via our contact form.