At N-SIDE, we turn the most complex challenges into opportunities. We are an international and dynamic team of passionate and innovative mathematicians, software engineers and business experts. Our integrated optimization solutions facilitate complex business decision-making processes using Optimization, Data Analytics, Machine Learning and other Data Science approaches.
Impact 750 million people by bringing efficiency and transparency
In the energy sector, we are developing optimization software in close collaboration with Power Exchanges, Transmission System Operators and Distribution System Operators, which is critical for solving the complex optimization problems of today’s energy markets. Among these solutions are our energy market algorithms that reach from EUPHEMIA, the auction algorithm of the European day-ahead market coupling 23 European countries with daily trades over EUR 200 million, to small local energy markets driven by the advent of renewable energy sources. These solutions consider the capacity of the power grid and the order books and aim at providing outcomes that increase liquidity, efficiency and the social welfare of the market participants. Besides the design and development, we also provide maintenance and upgrade services, as well as a support service to react immediately in any exceptional situation.
N-SIDE is currently looking for a talented Optimization Engineer to further improve the performances of our energy market solutions with innovative ideas, and to adapt the solutions to other regions and the latest market developments.
- Design, develop, test and support innovative optimization solutions on energy topics: demand-response, energy markets, microgrids, …
- Work within the EUPHEMIA team to bring our challenging algorithm for the European day-ahead electricity market to the next level
- Build strong relationship with international customers
- Manage the daily execution of important projects involving many stakeholders
- Master degree in Applied Mathematics or Computer Science with a strong Optimization orientation
- Skills in mathematical modeling, mixed integer programming and non-linear programming
- Good knowledge of Java or another high-level programming language is required
- Great interest for innovation and research
- Goal-oriented and solution-minded
- Experience in market clearing or electricity markets is an asset
- Fluency in English
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Collaborative approach with strong communication skills
- Team spirit, creativity, sense of initiative and responsibility
An interesting and varied job in an innovative, dynamic and multicultural company. An important role in our quickly expanding Energy activities. N-SIDE offers a competitive salary package, which includes a company car and full range of benefits which can be personalised through our Flex Plan. You will join an international and flexible work environment in which creativity, freedom and initiative are rewarded. Mentoring, career development opportunities and performance bonuses are all part of keeping our team happy.
Motivated to join our team and participate to our growth?
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter addressed to our HR Business Partner, Paola Murgia, via our contact form.