At N-SIDE, we turn the most complex challenges into opportunities. We are an international and dynamic team of passionate and innovative mathematicians, software engineers and business experts. Our integrated optimization solutions facilitate complex business decision-making processes using Data Analytics, Machine Learning and other Data Science approaches.
We are looking for an Optimization Engineer to join our Energy Solutions Development team based in Louvain-la-Neuve, Brussels Area, Belgium. As an Optimization Engineer, you will be helping develop and improve our power matching algorithms by trying out innovative ideas to enhance performances, implementing additional market rules for existing or new regions…
What you’ll do
- design, develop, test and support innovative optimization solutions on energy topics: demand-response, energy markets, microgrids…
- mathematical modeling of various electricity markets
- work within the team to bring our algorithms for day-ahead electricity markets to the next level
- build strong relationship with international customers
- you hold a master degree in Applied Mathematics or Computer Science with a strong optimization orientation
- experience in market clearing or energy markets is a plus
- you are passionate about mathematical modeling, mixed integer programming and non-linear programming
- knowledge of commercial solvers like CPLEX is a plus
- you are efficient in Java or another high-level programming language
- you are a team player, autonomous, goal-oriented and solution-minded
- you have problem-solving abilities and strong communication skills
- you are fluent in English
Internal job level: Developer or Software Engineer depending on the seniority
You will join an innovative, dynamic and multicultural company certified Great Place to work 2020, as well as, having an important and diverse role in our quickly expanding department.
N-SIDE offers a great compensation package, which includes a company car and full range of benefits which can be personalised thanks to our Flex Income Plan.
You will be part of a fun and flexible work environment in which creativity, freedom and initiative are rewarded. Mentoring, career development opportunities and performance bonuses are all part of keeping our team happy.
At N-SIDE we value diversity. All candidates will be treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. N-SIDE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Motivated to join our team and participate to our growth?
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter (with job title) in English. Please apply via our contact form.