At N-SIDE, we turn the most complex challenges into opportunities. We are an international and dynamic team of passionate and innovative mathematicians, software engineers and business experts. Our integrated optimization solutions facilitate complex business decision-making processes using Data Analytics, Machine Learning and other Data Science approaches.
We are looking for a Project Manager in Energy Market Optimization to join our Energy team based in our Headquarters in Louvain-la-Neuve, in the Brussels area of Belgium. As a Project Manager in Energy Market Optimization, you will help the company be the top reference in Advanced Analytics Solutions for Energy challenges around energy markets & power systems. You’ll take the lead on key Energy projects around energy markets at N-SIDE.
What you’ll do
- Assume overall responsibility for projects associated to N-SIDE Energy products: ensuring planning, implementation, delivery and follow-up
- Provide market design consulting services, including interacting with internal experts and customers, translate complex technical matters in key messages through effective communication (oral, slides, reports), being at ease to discuss with the customers on market design topics, by being aware of the current regulatory framework and the evolution for the future.
- Ensure effective communication within the project, internally and with the customer
- Be able to understand client needs and feedback, identify main improvement levers and translate advanced analytics solutions into a business-oriented language, and communicate with the product development team
- Build a strong relationship with customers, ensuring strong customer satisfaction and allowing to identify cross-selling opportunities of N-SIDE energy products
- Assemble and deploy project resources according to planning. Coordinate and supervise the project team.
- Monitor and ensure project quality, timing and budget
- You have a Master Degree in Engineering and/or Business
- You have 3-7 years of prior experience in the Energy Sector, in particular in energy markets topics, such as electricity markets, market design, power systems economics.
- You have a solid understanding of various energy market design fundamentals and their business, economics and technical implications.
- Additional experience on power systems is an asset.
- You are familiar with typical energy market optimization problems, such as unit commitment, central dispatch, nodal/zonal market coupling and market clearing problems.
- You are interested in advanced analytics techniques (optimization, machine learning), previous experience is an asset.
- You have strong Project Management skills applied in the Energy markets context, strong proactivity, sense of initiative and responsibility
- You communicate and explain clearly technical problems
- You proactively interact with external and internal stakeholders at all levels
- You enjoy solving complex problems
- You are customer-minded and results-driven
- You are a team player and open-minded
- Fluent in English. Other languages are an asset.
Travel: ~ 10 – 20%
Internal job level: Consultant / Senior Consultant
You will join an innovative, dynamic and multicultural company certified Great Place to Work 2021 and B Corporation, as well as, having an important and diverse role in our quickly expanding department.
N-SIDE offers a great compensation package, which includes a company car and full range of benefits which can be personalised thanks to our Flex Income Plan.
You will be part of a fun and flexible work environment in which creativity, freedom and initiative are rewarded. Mentoring, career development opportunities and performance bonuses are all part of keeping our team happy.
At N-SIDE we value diversity. All candidates will be treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. N-SIDE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Motivated to join our team and participate to our growth?
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter (with job title) in English. Please apply via our contact form.