At N-SIDE, we turn the most complex challenges into opportunities. We are an international and dynamic team of passionate and innovative mathematicians, software engineers and business experts. Our integrated software solutions facilitate complex business decision-making processes using Optimization, Data Analytics, Machine Learning and other Data Science approaches.
N-SIDE is looking for a talented Software Engineer – Data Scientist to further improve its offer in short-term predictive algorithms of the electricity markets. These predictive algorithms are embedded in our solutions that help large actors to better manage their energetic flexibility and footprint.
Impact 750 million people by bringing efficiency and transparency
Nowadays, a common algorithm is used daily to compute in a coupled way the electricity prices for 23 European countries respecting the capacity of the relevant network elements on a day-ahead basis. The average daily value of matched trades is over EUR 200 million. The algorithm is called EUPHEMIA and has been developed by N-SIDE. It respects the specific features of the various power markets across Europe and the electricity network constraints, and it optimizes the overall welfare and increases transparency. EUPHEMIA results from Price Coupling of Regions (PCR), the project of European Power Exchanges to develop a single price coupling solution. The integrated European electricity market aims at increasing liquidity, efficiency and social welfare.
N-SIDE is also a leader in helping industrials in better managing their energetic flexibility. Based on its N-SIDE Technology Platform, N-SIDE develops tailor-made solutions that helps customers in reducing their energetic costs. These solutions recommend optimal production planning and electricity mix by holistically considering the prediction of the price of the electricity, the production planning and the model of the plant.
In this role, you will mainly work on the energy optimization solutions. We aim at further improving our different prediction algorithms predicting the price of the electricity on the different markets (reserve, day-ahead, intra-day and balancing markets). The level of our current prediction algorithm requires in-depth statistical and machine learning techniques to be improved.
These algorithms will be ultimately used by major and global firms around the world active in very different business sectors. Your algorithms will help them in remaining or becoming international leaders with a real competitive advantage.
Ahead of getting the opportunity to confront his ideas to the various mathematical experts, the candidate shall also get the opportunity to apply his expertise into diversified industries N-SIDE is active in (Pharma, Supply, Steel, …).
- Develop state-of-the-art prediction algorithms (with first focus onto energy power sector)
- Identify the right data inside and outside of N-SIDE’s customer information system and gather them
- Integrate predictive algorithms in our current platforms and solutions
- Integrate existing statistics and machine learning libraries to our optimization Scala platform
- Work closely with N-SIDE consultants (e.g. calibrate your prediction algorithm from customers’ data, …)
- Take initiatives to improve our platform in predictive analytics and position N-SIDE as a key-player in this field
- Participate in technology watch to identify and share innovative approaches and value them in the N-SIDE context
- Master or PhD degree in statistics or computer science with strong track record
- Experience on time-series forecast
- Experience with state-of-the-art statistics and machine learning techniques
- Mastering of powerful statistics and machine learning tools and platforms (R, MLlib, H2O, Sparck, predictionIO, …)
- Experience in the energy sector is a plus
- Creative and pragmatic mind, team-spirit, communication skills
- Fluency in English and, at least, one other language, both oral and written
An interesting and varied job in an innovative, dynamic and multicultural company. N-SIDE offers a competitive salary package, which includes a company car and full range of benefits. You will join an international and flexible work environment in which creativity, freedom and initiative are rewarded. Mentoring, career development opportunities and performance bonuses are all part of keeping our team happy.
Motivated to join our team and participate to our growth? We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter in English via our contact form.