At N-SIDE, we turn the most complex challenges into opportunities. We are an international and dynamic team of passionate and innovative mathematicians, software engineers and business experts. Our integrated optimization solutions facilitate complex business decision-making processes using Optimization, Data Analytics, Machine Learning and other Data Science approaches.
N-SIDE is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join the Innovation & Development team. We are developing software modules integrating technologies in optimization, web user interfaces and data analytics. Your main project will be the edge framework that we are building to support all our products. Built with state-of-the-art technologies (Scala and Scala.js), it offers a powerful back-end and a modern, user-friendly web-based user interface. While it’s already used in production, we would like to push it even further and that is where you come in.
What you’ll do
- Work on the “edge” framework:
- design & implement reusable UI modules and generic features that can address various use cases in the different application contexts
- design & implement generic data management modules
- write robust APIs & DSLs
- integrate external systems
- Interact closely with both developers using the framework and end-users of our applications, and translate their needs into vision, requirements and improvements for the framework
- Develop in Scala using functional and reactive programming
- Experience in at least some of these fields (junior profiles are welcome):
- object-oriented programming
- functional programming
- reactive programming
- performance profiling
- distributed computing
- Scala and popular libraries like AKKA, circe, Slick, Scalatest…
- web technologies:
- browser developer tools
- Fluency in English (both oral & written)
- You have a creative and pragmatic mind, the capacity to consider the end-user in your developments
- You have an eye for design and team-spirit
- You are passionate, eager to learn, and solution-minded
Location: Louvain-la-Neuve, Brussels Area, Belgium
Internal job level: Developer/Software engineer according to level of experience
You will join an innovative, dynamic and multicultural company certified Great Place to work 2019, as well as, having an important and diverse role in our quickly expanding department.
N-SIDE offers a great compensation package, which includes a company car and full range of benefits which can be personalised thanks to our Flex Income Plan.
You will be part of a fun and flexible work environment in which creativity, freedom and initiative are rewarded. Mentoring, career development opportunities and performance bonuses are all part of keeping our team happy.
At N-SIDE we value diversity. All candidates will be treated equally without regard to race, color, relegion, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, disabiliy, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. N-SIDE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Motivated to join our team and participate to our growth?
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter (with job title, ~half a page) in English. Please apply via our contact form.