At N-SIDE, we turn the most complex challenges into opportunities. We are an international and dynamic team of passionate and innovative mathematicians, software engineers and business experts. Our integrated optimization solutions facilitate complex business decision-making processes using Optimization, Data Analytics, Machine Learning and other Data Science approaches.
N-SIDE is looking for a talented Software Engineer to address new challenges, joining the Innovation & Development team. We are developing software modules integrating technologies in optimization, web user interfaces and data analytics. Your main project will be the edge framework that we are building to support all our products. Built with state-of-the-art technologies (Scala and Scala.js), it offers a powerful back-end and a modern, user-friendly web-based user interface. While it’s already used in production, we would like to push it even further and that is where you come in.
- Work on the “edge” framework:
- design & implement reusable UI modules and generic features that can address various use cases in the different application contexts
- design & implement generic data management modules
- write robust APIs & DSLs
- integrate external systems
- Interact closely with both developers using the framework and end-users of our applications, and translate their needs into vision, requirements and improvements for the framework
- Develop in Scala using functional and reactive programming
- You have…
- a creative and pragmatic mind
- the capacity to consider the end-user in your developments
- an eye for design
- communication skills
- You are…
- eager to learn
- Fluency in English (both oral & written)
- Experience in at least some of these fields:
- object-oriented programming
- functional programming
- reactive programming
- performance profiling
- distributed computing
- Scala and popular libraries like AKKA, circe, Slick, Scalatest…
- web technologies:
- browser developer tools
The position is based in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium. We offer an interesting and varied job in an innovative, dynamic and multi-cultural company. N-SIDE offers a competitive salary package, which includes a company car and full range of benefits which can be personalized through our Flex Income Plan. You will join an international and flexible work environment in which creativity, freedom and initiative are rewarded. Mentoring, career development opportunities and performance bonuses are all part of keeping our team happy.
Motivated to join our team and participate to our growth?
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter in English addressed to our HR Business Partner Paola Murgia via our contact form.