At N-SIDE, we turn the most complex challenges into opportunities. We are an international and dynamic team of passionate and innovative mathematicians, software engineers and business experts. Our integrated software solutions facilitate complex business decision-making processes using Optimization, Data Analytics, Machine Learning and other Data Science approaches.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Innovation & Development team, based in our Headquarter in Louvain-la-Neuve, Brussels area, Belgium. As a Software Engineer, you contribute to decision-making solutions built on top of modern technologies and programming languages (Java/Scala). Our software solutions help companies worldwide face their complex challenges related to the optimisation of supply chains in various industries (pharma, transportation, energy, …), and have a large ecological, economic and social impact.
What you’ll do
Client Products and Solutions:
- Deliver decision-helping products and solutions that answer our customer’s needs. Products and solutions are developed by small teams participating to all the aspects: development, user experience, business expertise and operations. They are built on top of modern typed languages (Scala, Scala.js, akka, docker, …) and our internal development tools;
- Interact closely with N-SIDE’s consultants and customers in the design of new features, while providing support for the existing tools;
- Work closely with the Technology Platform team to re-use and improve what we have in-store;
- Design, plan, develop and maintain solutions of high quality;
- Connect our solutions on customer’s systems for a better user experience.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science with good track records;
- Technical skills: object-oriented and functional programming (ideally Java/Scala);
- Creative and solution-oriented, team-spirit, communication skills;
- Experience with the optimisation of Supply Chains is a plus;
- Affinity with statistical methods;
- You should be autonomous, collaborative and a team player and have good communication skills.
- You should be a critical thinker, curious & questioning.
- You should be empathetic with the works of others and our users.
- You should have a good level of English, both oral and written.
You will join an innovative, dynamic and multicultural company certified Great Place to work 2019, as well as, having an important and diverse role in our quickly expanding department.
N-SIDE offers a great compensation package, which includes a company car and full range of benefits which can be personalised thanks to our Flex Income Plan.
You will be part of a fun and flexible work environment in which creativity, freedom and initiative are rewarded. Mentoring, career development opportunities and performance bonuses are all part of keeping our team happy.
At N-SIDE we value diversity. All candidates will be treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. N-SIDE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Motivated to join our team and participate to our growth?
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter (with job title) in English. Please apply via our contact form.