Capture the full value of energy flexibility
Nowadays, the global energy mix has a growing share of intermittent electricity generation. The supply-demand balance in the electricity grid becomes increasingly challenging to achieve. It results in higher volatility in electricity prices and stronger needs for ancillary services/reserves.
In this context, the key challenge for industrial sites to remain competitive is not only “How to reduce electricity consumption?” but more and more “How to consume or produce electricity in a smarter way?”.
Moreover, industrial sites have to deal with an increasing amount of data and complexity of site energy structure. Being able to leverage available data and capture the value of the plant energy flexibility becomes a key competitive advantage!
Identify, Valorize and Increase flexibility!
As a key actor in advanced analytics and expert in energy optimization, N-SIDE offers a complete range of flexibility optimization services and solutions to help you capture the full value of your energy flexibility!
Since each industry has its own process specificities and constraints, particular objectives and level of flexibility maturity, N-SIDE proposes a three-steps approach to identify, valorize and optimize your energy flexibility through progressive change management and true partnership.
Identify flexibility: On-site Audit
N-SIDE primary objectives are:
- to identify flexibility sources in the different parts of the plant by reviewing the different processes
- to determine the flexibility parameters and associated constraints
- to define how to leverage flexibility sources.
By reaching these objectives, N-SIDE will be able to provide you a detailed assessment of technical and economic potential of your energy flexibilities.
Valorize flexibility: ENERTOP platform
ENERTOP platform is a decision-aid solution deployable on different time horizons from strategic to real-time operations.The advanced analytics algorithms provide you with optimal production and CHP schedules enabling to convert plant flexibility into real savings on different electricity markets.
ENERTOP provides a user-friendly web interface with a dashboard displaying key information like optimized energy costs, overall consumption and production. Recommendations are provided to operate the flexible processes optimally.
Increase flexibility: Strategic consulting
Through a joined flexibility taskforce approach, N-SIDE is able to increase your flexibility potential by optimizing choices in terms of investments on new assets or technologies (e.g. power2heat, power2gas, physical storage, batteries, …) and in terms of electricity contracts/market exposure.
N-SIDE is your trusted partner to support you along
the exciting journey of energy flexibility.
Predict electricity prices on different markets for a strong visibility on the upcoming flexibility incentives.
Optimize your production planning for coming days to leverage volatility on spot electricity prices.
Generate electricity nominations on a daily basis that minimizes your electricity costs based on D-1 spot and imbalance price forecasts.
Real-Time Imbalance Optimization:
Adapt in real-time your load profile to leverage opportunities on the balancing market
Reserve Market Optimization:
Assess the best bidding strategy for the plant on reserve markets.
Smarter electricity consumption and production!
Assess the best strategy for the plant on reserve markets
Optimize load and CHP planning to minimize electricity costs
Generate Optimal day-ahead nominations based on spot price and imbalance price risks
Optimize real-time imbalance management at plant level
Optimize real-time activations management with tracking of reserve market commitments
of savings on electricity bill (commodity)
of ENERTOP recommendations converted into actions
of flexibility opportunities captured with Machine Learning Forecasts
- Trends – Tendance – Industore
- La Libre – “N-SIDE Un Fleuron du numérique”
- Press Release – N-SIDE @ Energyville
- Renouvelle Magazine – “La flexibilité dans tous ses états!”
Latest blog articles / news
- How to avoid the black-box effect of artificial intelligence ?
- Market-clearing algorithms to operate Local energy market
- Meet us at E-World and discover our artificial intelligence solutions
- Cornwall Local Energy Market achieves major flexibility breakthrough
- INFORMS 2019: Advanced analytics for Local Energy Markets
- Join us at the European Utility Week in Paris, 12-14/11
- New grid planning methodology, considering alternatives to new lines: Flex Plan
- How can sector coupling enable flexibility provision ?
- How to leverage the full value of flexibility in energy markets ?
- Developing market-clearing algorithms to build a Local Energy Market platform