Handle uncertain demands in clinical production planning
When planning the production of medicine required for clinical trials, many factors are subject to change, such as timelines, projected demands, shelf-lives, manufacturing resource availabilities and priorities. There are also multiple stakeholders involved, each with their own tools, and often without a standardized planning process.
Creating a drug production plan to cover this uncertainty and manage the associated risk, without jeopardizing trial timelines and while also minimizing costs, can be a difficult challenge for production planning teams.
Evaluate, Plan and Optimize Clinical Trial Production
Reacting to change is essential in clinical supply management. N-SIDE Production App optimizes your production planning while managing the risk including the demand uncertainty provided by N-SIDE Supply App. Accurately model your manufacturing process and evaluate the many variables with easy what-if analysis, to produce an optimized production plan with lot-to-lot allocation, lot-to-study allocation and up/down traceability.
N-Side Production App introduces standard processes to ease collaboration and knowledge transfer. Updates to changes are faster and more reliable as they are performed automatically with the input of the changed parameter.
The Production App and Supply App are integrated solutions providing end-to-end clinical supply chain optimization.
Manage the risk of the unexpected
Evaluate the impacts of manufacturing at different facilities, taking into account costs, yield, capacity, shipping and timelines. Manage the risks, such as changes to the stability plan, delays in releases and additional trials, by testing what-if scenarios and creating contingency plans.
Model your specific manufacturing process from drug substance to investigational product and any intermediate steps. Consider all possible variables and your specific constraints and create a reliable production plan which mitigates risk, improves timelines and minimizes waste and costs.
Decrease waste and manufacturing costs with optimal compound planning
Optimize your compound production planning respecting all of your clinical trial specific constraints, such as shelf-life extensions, lot sizes, and lot-to-lot allocation constraints. Batches can be allocated so that trials receive optimal batch release dates and quantities, considering shipping and storage requirements, to reduce waste and satisfy demands with sufficient remaining shelf-life for all trials.
N-SIDE Production App integrates with your inventory management system / ERP in order to collect up-to-date information about the project (including study information, non-clinical needs, existing production batches and current inventory) and implement the optimal production plan for the compound.
N-SIDE Production App also integrates with N-SIDE Supply App to ensure any changes in production inform supply decisions and vice versa. This creates a fully integrated end-to-end clinical trial supply chain management system and allows for globally aligned decision making.
ensure production meets uncertain demand and varying timelines by considering all constraints. Optimize your planning from drug substance production through to investigational product, with lot allocation to trials, to minimize waste.
evaluate the impact of different manufacturing decisions on your budget regarding fixed and variable costs. Know the production cost breakdown per trial.
assess different what-if scenarios and ensure your planning will cover the risk including the demand uncertainty as measured by N-SIDE Supply App.
Optimized, integrated clinical trial production plan
No matter the size of your organization, N-SIDE Production App provides a fully integrated production planning application which gives you confidence in meeting uncertain demands and fluctuating timescales.
Optimal batch release dates and quantities
Plan for uncertainty and mitigate risks
Ensure production meets trial dosing demand and timings
Batch allocation to trials with upwards and downwards traceability
Production cost breakdown per trial
Read Press Articles
- Sanofi award-winning risk-based optimisation project
- An easier way to manage the clinical trial supply chain
- Manage changes and control risk easily and quickly
- Balancing Risk and Costs to optimize the Clinical Supply Chain a Step Beyond Simulation
- N-SIDE: bringing forecasting, simulation & optimization solutions to pharma – Pharma.be Dialogue Annual Event
- N-SIDE announces N-SIDE Suite for Clinical Trials – New innovative software for end-to-end clinical supply chain optimization
Latest blog articles / news
- N-SIDE launches new innovative software for end-to-end clinical supply chain optimization
- Expecting the unexpected in your clinical supply forecasting – Attend our Webinar !
- Join us at the 20th Annual Clinical Trial Supply Europe in Milan
- How to optimize your clinical trial supply chain management using advanced analytics?
- Discover Clinical Trial Supply Optimization Unexpected Benefits!
- N-SIDE and Sanofi signed an amendment for using N-SIDE risk-based production planning optimization solution
- Why is visualizing your trial data at portfolio level essential to improve your performance and ensure better planning? Join our session at Clinical Trial Supply Nordics on June 19-20!
- N-SIDE Annual CT-FAST User Group 2018: Discover the conference highlights!
- Getting Clinical Trial Supplies a Seat at the Table!
- Improve Performance and Ensure Better Planning with Clinical Supply Portfolio-level Visualization